• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Combination Remeron (Mirtazipine) + Lexapro (Escitalopram) daily

Soap MacTavish

Bluelighter
I have been on Lexapro (an SSRI anti-depressant) for 6 months. My shrink officially upped me to 30mg daily from 20mg daily. Problem is my shithead insurance company has a problem with this, they only allow up to 20mg/daily. According to them it wont make any more difference after 20mg. This is a total crock because I have been on 30/daily for a month already and it did make a difference. Bottom line I can only get 20mg/daily.

My shrink was as upset as I was so she scripted me to start taking Mirtazipine (tetracyclic antidepressant) at night before bed. Which is kind of nice because I am also on Adderall daily, and the Remeron knocks me out like a sleeping pill, so I can get more sleep now. I am a little groggy in the morning hours.

Does anyone take these 2 together and has experience with this combo? I feel sort of apathetic, like I don't really care too much about anything.

Since this is regarding therapeutic use, I think we should try it in Healthy Living. Feel free to send it back here or to BDD if it doesn't work well there.

--->HL